Conferences - Internal Medicine Pediatrics Residency
The Med-Peds program has a well-established weekly conference series that has been occurring for over a decade. We use our weekly conferences as a time to learn about Med-Peds specific topics, spend time with each other and enjoy a meal.
One of the biggest highlights of our conference is that our "residency executive chef", Dr. San Juan, makes the residents a delicious homemade meal every week.
Other components of our conferences include:
- Lecture series led by leaders in such fields as infectious disease, travel medicine, cardiology, hematology and many others
- The first Thursday of every month is dedication to our Med-Peds primary care series led by Dr. Jessica Lee.
- Dedicated wellness conferences
- Hands on skill development in the MASTRI Center Simulation Laboratory
- Resident-Led Med-Peds Journal Club
- Med-Peds specific board review
- At least 25% of our conferences focus on underserved medicine, diversity, social justice and inclusion
Med-Peds Education Half-Days
Twice per year, our residents gather together for a “mini education retreat,” where we enjoy a delicious meal and spend an afternoon learning in-depth about a focused Med-Peds topic with various speakers, small groups and other various educational modalities. Residents are excused from clinical duties to attend these special sessions.