At University of Maryland Medical System, we are committed to transparency about the cost of your health care in our hospitals.
These resources can help you understand those costs and answer any questions you might have.
Get a Price Estimate
Get a price estimate for the cost of care for the most commonly performed inpatient and outpatient procedures at an UMMS Hospital.
Note that this estimate does not include physician services, also called professional fees, such as anesthesiology charges, radiologist reading fees and pathologist fees.
Insurance Coverage and Out-of-Pocket Costs
Please contact your health insurance company before any hospital, outpatient/clinic or physician office visit to find out the specific coverage under your plan and whether you will be responsible for any part of the payment.
If you have insurance, your insurance policy coverage (including deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximums) will determine the amount you owe. You may be responsible for other payments that your insurance does not cover, including co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance for physician and hospital services.
Your out-of-pocket costs can vary based on:
- The actual services provided to you based on your physician's treatment choices and your personal health care needs.
- Your insurance co-pay amount for your specific plan.
- Your insurance deductible or co-insurance and whether you have met the deductible for the current year.
The estimated cost is not a guarantee of insurance coverage. Please check with your insurance company if you need help understanding what your insurance covers for the services chosen. Your insurance company's phone number can be found on the back of your insurance card.
Please call 410-821-4140 for:
- Help understanding your price estimate
- How to apply for financial assistance
- Questions about your portion of your hospital bill