Credentialing Payroll and Employee Health - Prospective Residents and Fellows
It is University of Maryland Medical Center's policy to fully credential all residents and fellows who provide patient care in the institution. Successful completion of the credentialing process is required prior to your participation in a residency or fellowship program and is also required as part of your contractual obligation.
If you have been accepted into a University of Maryland Medical Center program, you will receive an email directing you to the online credentialing application process.
In addition to completing the online credentialing application, you will receive an email directing you to the HR onboarding process.
An example of the information requested in the onboarding process is listed below:
- New Hire Form that contains demographic and emergency contact information
- Federal Tax Withholding Form (Determining your number of exemptions - IRS.gov)
- Maryland State Tax Withholding Form (Determining your number of exemptions)
- I-9 Form (You must bring the ORIGINAL Eligibility for Employment documents (Passport, Drivers License, Government Issued ID) to the New Resident/Fellow Orientation)
- Code of Conduct Acknowledgment
- Confidentiality of Information Form
- Direct Deposit Information (optional, and requires you to bring a copy of a voided check to the New Resident/Fellow Orientation)
Finally, you must provide evidence that you have satisfactorily completed the pre-employment health assessment/drug screening requirements through Employee Health Services prior to your start date. Please find the Health Assessment packet here. This completed packet will be taken to your scheduled visit.