GME Events and Announcements
Happy Doctor's Day!
On this annual observance of National Doctors' Day, we announce the awardees of our 4th Annual UMMC Doctors' Day awards.
We presented three awards: Attending Physician of the Year, Fellow Physician of the Year and Resident Physician of the Year.
Congratulations to our very deserving awardees:
Attending Physician of the Year:
Cynthia Shen, DO -STC/Surgical Critical Care
Fellow Physicians of the Year (Tie!):
Peter DeRosa, MD, Hematopathology
Ryan Fransman, MD Surgical Critical Care
Resident Physician of the Year:
Joan Han, DO- Psychiatry
UMMC Badge Pay Program
The UMMC Badge Pay Program is a substitution for cash and debit card payments. You now have the option to use your employee ID badge for fast and secure checkouts in the cafeteria. To activate your badge, go to ams.volantecloud.com/umms and select "sign up." Type your employee ID number into the username field and create your password.
EPCS Enrollment at UMMC Downtown
As you may know, the Medical System will be implementing Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances as mandated by the Federal DEA. Please review the attached for background on this initiative. Enrollment for EPCS (Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances) at UMMC Downtown starts Thursday, November 7.
In order to prescribe electronically at UMMS (including all outpatient areas), all prescribers will need to be authorized to do so within EPIC.
- This involves the following:
The provider must authenticate the prescription using 2 of the following 3 factors:
- Something only the provider knows, such as a password
- Something the provider is, such as fingerprint biometrics
- Something the provider has, such as a one-time password token, which is separate from the device that the provider is using to prescribe (obtained on your smartphone)
To do this, all prescribers need to be enrolled in Imprivata, which will requires in-person identity-proofing by authorized person
WHERE: Medical Staff Services, 110 S. Paca Street, 8th Floor.
BEFORE YOU COME:
- Download Imprivata from the App or Google Play Store onto your smartphone. (Android 7 or later, or iOS11 or later required)
- Bring a government-issued Photo ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- If you are approved for Suboxone prescribing, confirm that the Medical Staff Office has this information.
Enrollment of each prescriber will take about 5 minutes.
*Our FPI Partners will also be offering additional enrollment opportunities at various practice/site locations.