3 West | Pediatrics
Departmental Scope of Services
The Cynthia "Brownie" Goetze Pediatrics Unit is a 10-bed inpatient unit with five observation beds for the Pediatrics After Hours EMERGENCY Care. The unit’s focus is family-centered care.
Types of Patients Served
- Step down NICU babies, nursery transfers
- All pediatric patients
- Overflow Medical/Surgical patients that meet admission criteria
Overview of Department Services
- Multidisciplinary team approach to care of patient as well as families
- Pediatric hospitalists as well as attending physicians see patients
- Pediatric After Hours EMERGENCY Care is open 12 noon to midnight seven days a week with pediatric nurses and pediatric hospitalists in attendance
- Moderation sedation for pediatric patients
- Outpatient services for patients of referring physicians
- Staffed primarily by an all RN staff who are PALS certified
- Moderate sedation nurse available for special procedures
- Pediatric After Hours EMERGENCY Care and outpatient services available
The pediatric nurses on this unit are experts in providing tender, loving, professional care to patients in all age groups.
Browse Current Openings
Explore new job opportunities, submit your resume, and advance your career! Browse current openings.