Schedule an appointment:410-337-1338 410-337-1338
The Cancer Institute at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center provides expert, advanced, comprehensive treatment for those with virtually any type of cancer. Our full range of specialists, include medical and surgical oncologists, specialized nurses and clinical staff, and more.
We are proud to be affiliated with the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, giving patients access to world-class diagnostic and treatment technology.
For more information, please call the Cancer Institute at 410-427-5585. To make an appointment with a physician please call 410-337-1338.
The Time is Now
The Cancer Institute is a proud supporter of the American Cancer Society’s Return to Screening program, designed to encourage everyone to get back on track with their regular cancer screenings. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is estimated that one in three adults has skipped the recommended routine cancer screenings.
Screenings are crucial for early detection, when many cancers—including breast and colon cancer—are most treatable and curable. Delays in screening for breast, colorectal and other cancers delay diagnosis could allow disease to advance in severity and become harder to treat.
What to Do Right Now
- Cancer Institute experts recommend maintaining regular cancer screenings, as recommended, for your best health.
- If you’ve been avoiding or are overdue for a cancer screening, talk to your doctor or health care provider to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
To find a primary care provider at UM St. Joseph who can refer you for breast, colon or other cancer screenings, please call 410-337-1337.
Breast Health Center
The expert team at the Breast Health Center is dedicated to a thoroughly advanced and individualized approach the breast health care. We offer advanced breast screening and diagnosis. A team of oncologists across a range of specialties that reviews treatment plans weekly, to ensure that our patients are getting exactly the care they need at every point in their treatment journey.
For assistance scheduling a screening mammogram, please contact our Breast Health Center at 410-427-5510.
- On-site mammograms and biopsies
- Advanced diagnostic technology
- Patient nurse navigator services, including the SOS program
- Dedicated outpatient rehabilitation programs for lymphedema management, cancer fatigue and balance
- Access to world-class technology and a regional team of cancer specialists as part of our affiliation with the renowned University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
The Barbara L. Posner Wellness & Support Center
Our whole-health approach to cancer care means that we focus on the person, not just the disease. The Barbara L. Posner Wellness & Support Center offers a full spectrum of evidence-based therapies and supportive treatment options to enhance our patients’ emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.