3 East | Mother/Baby
Departmental Scope of Services
3 East: Mother/Baby Unit
- 20 private rooms with daybed for significant other
- Staffed 24/7 by RNs
- Nursery in center of unit
- Family-centered care
- Rooming in is encouraged
- Lactation consultants are available
Types of Patients Served
Postpartum patients and healthy newborns are the focus of this unit.
Overview of Department Services
Holistic, family-centered care with an emphasis on education for both new and experienced parents is the goal of this unit. The mom and baby form a couplet and both are assigned to the same nurse. A 24 hour nursery is available as are lactation consultants, pediatric hospitalists, a case manager, obstetric hospitalists and educators.
- A patient care coordinator oversees daily unit activities
- Certified Nursing Assistants provide supportive care
- Nurse to couplet ratio is 1:4
- Full-term Nursery Nurse also provides care for the infants and education for the parents (discharge teaching)
- Lactation consultants on unit Monday through Saturday
Our nurses provide individualized newborn teaching at each mother's bedside prior to discharge. Our goal is to make each family as knowledgeable and comfortable as possible during their short stay with us.
Explore new job opportunities, submit your resume, and advance your career!