Pascal Women's Center Amenities
At the Pascal Women’s Center, we’re not only there for your baby, we’re there for you, too. We strive to provide a compassionate, supportive environment so that you are as comfortable as possible while you welcome your new boy or girl into your family.
You and your little one will feel right at home with our wonderful amenities.
Learn about the services we provide for you and your baby:
- Spacious, private labor and delivery rooms. Each room has a luxury whirlpool tub. There is a television and comfortable seating for your guests.
- Dedicated operating rooms for Cesarean births
- Level II nursery to care for premature babies born at 32 weeks and up, as well as newborns with critical health issues, including advanced respiratory support
- An on-site satellite office of the University of Maryland's Center for Advanced Fetal Care, providing advanced evaluation and treatment to fetal patients and their families
- Collaboration with University of Maryland Medical Center’s maternal fetal medicine and neonatologist providers to respond to critical patient needs
- Childbirth education classes to assist you in preparing for a healthy delivery
During Labor and Delivery
We provide you with a safe, nurturing environment that includes:
- Around the clock support from dedicated providers specializing in obstetrics, midwifery, anesthesia and pediatrics.
- Physicians, midwives, nurses and staff who offer constant support to make sure you are comfortable and educated through every step of the process
- Following your individualized birth plan and your birthing preferences
- The ability to care for you and your baby with low or high risk conditions
- Support and help with a wide variety of labor techniques to ensure a productive and healthy delivery
- Private elevator for mom, baby and family for your arrival and departure
- Capacity for the father or your significant other to stay overnight with you in your room
- Family lounge areas located throughout the unit and a family waiting area with computer and internet access, vending machines
- Nourishment areas with access to water, coffee, juice and sodas for family members
After birth, you and your baby will receive continual support from us:
- Private, secure post-partum patient rooms for comfortable recovery
- Support with rooming-in to help you bond with your baby and learn your baby’s unique behaviors
- Hourly rounds so we can anticipate your needs, including newborn care, education and supporting your pain-free recovery
- Lactation support and guidance if you choose to breastfeed your baby
- Open communication about your baby’s progress and your recovery so you are armed with the knowledge you will need when you are home
If breastfeeding is successful for you, consider helping other new mothers. As a breastfeeding resource person, you can provide breastfeeding education and prenatal and postpartum support to help new mothers adapt to being a parent.
- Learn more about our breastfeeding resource program.
Find a women's health provider near you.