Preparing for Surgery
Thank you for choosing University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center for your health care and surgery needs. To help you prepare for your surgery, know what to expect and ensure a smooth recovery, please use the resources below.
- Preparing for Surgery FAQ - frequently asked questions and answers, including how to pre-register for your procedure, what to expect with your insurance company and billing, details about pre-admission screening and testing and more
- Anesthesia Information - types of anesthesia used during surgery and potential side effects
- Understanding Pain Management - a patient's guide to identifying, measuring and treating pain
- Speak Up: Help Avoid Mistakes in Your Surgery - a brochure to help patients become more informed and involved in their health care, particularly with surgical procedures
- Information for Visitors - what patients and their families can expect during the surgery process
- Getting Here - directions to the medical center, campus and facility maps, and parking and transportation information