Our state-of-the-art maternity center is specifically designed for mom and baby.
University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center is home to first-class care for mothers and their new arrivals. So if you find yourself needing high quality, women's and children's health care, you're invited to join us on this extraordinary journey.
The Pascal Women's Center features:
- Around the clock staffing by dedicated specialized providers, including obstetricians, anesthesiologists, pediatricians, midwives, neonatologists, and compassionate nurses - all available to support your birthing experience and newborn care, whether you experience a normal or high-risk pregnancy
- Hands-on assistance and compassionate guidance provided by certified nurse midwives to support you during labor and delivery
- Luxurious amenities for mom, baby and family, including spacious labor, delivery and recovery rooms with private bathrooms with whirlpool tubs, private post-partum patient rooms, and dedicated operating rooms for Cesarean births
- Level II Nursery and a Neonatal Special Care Unit to care for premature babies born at 32 weeks and up, as well as newborns with critical health issues including advanced respiratory support
- An on-site office of the University of Maryland's Center for Advanced Fetal Care, where our maternal fetal medicine doctors provide advanced evaluation and treatment
- Childbirth education classes to assist you in preparing for a healthy delivery
The center also features high quality pediatric services, including:
- A secure pediatric unit with private rooms, staffed by pediatric specialists
- A pediatric emergency room staffed by pediatric experts
- Neonatology consultation by University of Maryland School of Medicine physicians
- Parenting and babysitting educational classes for parents and children
For more information, please call the Pascal Women's Center at 410-787-4600.