Advanced Fetal Care
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center is home to a satellite office of the University of Maryland's Center for Advanced Fetal Care (CAFCa). The satellite office will be the primary fetal evaluation center for UM BWMC obstetric patients. While it can serve as a portal to more advanced or invasive testing at the CAFCa downtown, for most of our patients, the state-of-the-art ultrasound and the University of Maryland perinatologists on staff will provide complete pregnancy screening and assessment to give each family the reassurance of a safe pregnancy.
The University of Maryland's Center for Advanced Fetal Care offers a full range of services that can detect fetal abnormalities including:
- Targeted 2D ultrasound imaging
- Blood flow studies
- Endovaginal ultrasound
- 3D reconstruction
- Multiformat fetal echo
- Invasive testing
- CVS at 11-14 weeks
- Amniocentesis 15 weeks to term
- Fetal blood sampling - cordocentesis
- Diagnostic amnioinfusion, fetal biopsy
- PCR (polymerase chain reaction) diagnosis of fetal infection, blood type, etc.
- Molecular biologic testing for single gene disorders
- Rapid karyotype
To reach the center, call 410-595-1780.