Nest and Nurture
Nest and Nurture is a prenatal education program that promotes healthy pregnancies for parents to be and healthy beginnings for their babies. Our program offers free education classes and support services to improve pregnancy and birth outcomes to women who may face barriers such as low-income or little to no insurance. We focus on comprehensive education to empower women to adopt healthy behaviors to deliver full-term, healthy babies.
- To decrease the number of premature births and birth defects.
- To decrease the number of low birth weight babies born.
- To decrease the number of infant deaths by promoting safe sleep practices.
- Free childbirth classes to educate parents about the importance of a healthy pregnancy and birthing experience, the basics of infant care, safe sleep, breastfeeding, and postpartum care.
- Classes led by experienced labor and delivery nurses for support.
- Newborn care starter kits (diapers, wipes, baby rash cream, shampoo, lotion, etc.) provided to any participant who completes the program.
- Monthly diaper and wipe distributions.
- Access to health information and referrals to community resources.
- Additional programming available such as support groups, parenting classes, and social services to offer long-term support.
Who Can Enroll?
Any pregnant individual living in Anne Arundel County is eligible to participate, but the program’s emphasis is on engaging women who are at an increased risk for having a low birth weight baby or premature birth.
How to Enroll
Pascal Women’s Center Virtual Tour
How Can I Help?
Nest and Nurture relies on the generosity of the community to keep our diapers and wipes in stock for monthly distributions.