Superstar athletes aren't the only ones who need great orthopedic care.
Whether you're suffering from a sports injury or arthritis, the result is the same - pain and swelling that makes it difficult or impossible for you to lead a full, active life.
The orthopedic department at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center provides state-of-the-art care to restore patients' quality of life and mobility. We offer a full range of orthopedic care, including:
- Joint replacement surgery, including partial and total replacements for knees, hips, wrists, elbows, shoulders and ankles
- Treating fractures, sprains and tears
- Cartilage damage
- Managing neck and back pain
- Surgery of the foot and ankle, including Achilles and open reduction and internal fixation surgery
- Help with carpal tunnel and arthritis problems
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Injuries to the hand and knee
Some of these injuries are treatable by simple conservative means, but in many cases they require surgery to treat meniscal or joint surface cartilage damage. If left untreated, they can lead to chronic joint degeneration and may lead to knee replacement.
Orthopedic surgeons at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center perform the full range of contemporary treatment options for knee problems, including the latest minimally invasive techniques. Many of these surgeries are performed arthroscopically (minimally invasive) as an outpatient while others occasionally require a simple overnight hospital stay. In some cases our doctors use treatments to prevent or significantly slow the onset or progression of arthritis, using innovative methods for restoring damaged cartilage.