Patients and Visitors
There's only one reason we're here—for our patients.
At UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, we're constantly developing new procedures, new techniques and new technologies. But in all this activity, we never lose sight of why we are really here — and that is you. You and your family are the center of our focus every day.
Learn more about the patient and family experience at UM BWMC in our Patient and Family Handbook.
Here you can get answers to questions you may about your stay, including:
- Patient rights and responsibilities
- Helpful information about the hospital for patients and visitors
- Who’s who on your health care team and how to play an active role
- Medical information and support services
- Financial arrangements
- Being discharged from the hospital
- Informed consent and advance directives
At UM BWMC, we have dedicated patient advocates to assist patients and their families during their experiences at our medical center. The patient advocates are available to meet with patients who have concerns, questions, compliments or suggestions regarding their care. They advocate on your behalf and work with other members of the patients' health care team, such as doctors and nurses, to make sure all our patients' needs are met. If you have a patient care issue you would like to discuss with our patient advocates, please call 410-787-4200.