Diabetes & Endocrinology
Call for appointment:410-787-4940 410-787-4940
The University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center uses a multidisciplinary approach to help patients control their blood sugar level, optimize their quality of life and prevent or minimize the complications of diabetes. The center's team includes endocrinologists, certified diabetes educators and nutritionists.
Programs are designed to help people with diabetes and endocrine issues take charge of their own physical health and emotional well being. Our programs offer the latest available therapies and focus on helping you manage your blood sugar and prevent or minimize complications.
Our diabetes services include:
- Educational classes, workshops and support groups
- Diabetes screening
- Complication screening, prevention and treatment programs
- Medication management and insulin injection techniques
- Home blood-glucose monitoring
- Insulin pump management
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Gestational diabetes program
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Weight loss program
- Intensive insulin management
Our endocrinology services include:
- Diagnosing and treating disorders affecting hormone levels and endocrine glands
- Caring for patients with disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, pancreas, testes, and ovaries, and growth hormone disorders
The University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and is located in the Executive Center at 300 Hospital Drive in Glen Burnie. To reach the center, call 410-787-4940.