As a member of the renowned University of Maryland Heart Network, UM BWMC is able to diagnose and treat even the most complex cardiac cases.
Cardiac disease is a major threat to the health of our community, partly because it's not just one disease.
It's any condition of the heart, from hypertension and arrhythmia to heart attacks.
Our cardiology department is equipped with specialized diagnostic and treatment facilities, including two cardiac catheterization laboratories and a 24-bed critical care unit.
We offer a wide range of services to keep your heart healthy and strong. Our award-winning team of heart specialists treat the full range of cardiovascular conditions so you can get back to doing the things you love in record time. Our services include:
- Diagnostic testing (heart and stress tests)
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat heart conditions
- Angioplasties to treat heart attacks and open blocked arteries
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation to strengthen recovering hearts and lungs
- Classes and educational programs to help you live a heart healthy life
NOTICE: If you are suffering from chest pains, faintness or shortness of breath you may be suffering from a heart attack. You should immediately call 911. Please do not attempt to drive or transport yourself to the Emergency Department.