Childbirth Education Classes
Due to the recent cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Maryland, we are canceling our group events and meetings until further notice. This is being done to protect our patients, staff and visitors. We will announce on this page and on our Facebook and Instagram pages when classes will resume as normal.
To find out if a program has a virtual option, please contact the program coordinator or the Community Outreach department at 410-553-8103.
Thank you for your understanding.
To protect our patients, visitors and staff during the COVID-19 response, all in-person classes have been canceled until further notice. During this time, the UM BWMC Pascal Women’s Center is offering access to free online educational videos for mothers and families. Video topics include:
- Labor: Facts About Labor Pain; Fetal Monitoring; Fitness Ball; Induction; Massage In Labor; Medical Procedures Second Stage Intervention; Mental Comfort Techniques; Newborn Procedures; Onset of Labor; Pain In Labor; Physical Comfort Techniques; Placenta and Recovery; Pushing Positions; Touch Relaxation Exercise; Unplanned Cesarean; Water Breaking
- Post-Partum: Personal care; Cesarean recovery; Cesarean body mechanics; Baby blues; Asking for support
- Newborn Care: Bathing; Car seats; Infant CPR; Safe sleep; Burping; Cord care
- Breastfeeding: Importance of breastfeeding; Breastfeeding holds; Breast fullness; Storing breast milk
If you would like access to any or all of these educational videos, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your due date
- Your obstetric doctor/provider
- The hospital where you plan to have your baby
- Which videos you would like sent to you
The videos you request will be emailed to you within 1-2 business days.
Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted methods of payment for class fees. For financial assistance to attend a childbirth class, please call 410-787-4517.
To contact the Pascal Women's Center, please call 410-595-1785.