Breast Cancer Survivors Offering Support
Schedule an appointment:410-337-1338 410-337-1338
Survivors Offering Support (SOS) is a network of women who have completed breast cancer treatment and are dedicated to offering life-affirming support to those who are on this same journey.
Led by breast nurse navigator Susan Feild, SOS provides vital support to women from the initial shock of diagnosis through vibrant survivorship. SOS mentors are expertly trained volunteers who offer comfort and understanding, unconditional support and insight about valuable and helpful resources, including the integrative therapies and programs offered in the Barbara L. Posner Wellness & Support Center.
To learn more, or to become a volunteer mentor or be assigned a mentor, please contact Susan Feild, SOS Coordinator, at 410-427-5509 or SusanFeild@umm.edu.
- If you're facing breast cancer, let us help you fight it with the strength--and power--of two. SOS matches survivor mentors with those who have just received a diagnosis. Please call 410-427-5509 or email SusanFeild@umm.edu to be paired with an SOS mentor.
- A free workshop designed to provide the tools and information you need to embrace survivorship to the fullest and live your best life following a cancer diagnosis
- If you're a proud survivor, we invite you to be a mentor! Your experience can offer hope and healing to those who need you most. Mentor training is ongoing throughout the year; please call 410-427-5509 for more information.
- Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, working together to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures.
Request a Mentor
Our SOS network provides mentors who offers support during your treatment. If you are interesting in having a mentor, please fill out this Mentor Request Form.