Cancer Treatment and Surgery
Schedule an appointment:410-337-1338 410-337-1338
We believe in treating the whole person – not just the disease – with an individualized plan focused on mind, body, and spirit. Medical treatment can include radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy, or a combination of these.
Unlike chemotherapy, which is a systemic treatment, radiation therapy is targeted at cells in specific areas of the body. It can be given before, during or after surgery, and is sometimes combined with chemotherapy or hormonal therapy. The Radiation Oncology Center provides numerous modalities, including:
- External radiation therapy
- Internal radiation therapy (brachytherapy, interstitial radiation, intracavitary radiation, intraluminal radiation, and surface brachytherapy)
- Varian TrueBeam
- Varian Trilogy ™ System for Image-Guided Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy(IMRT)/Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic ABlative Radiotherapy (SABR)
Surgery is an option for many stages and types of tumors. Our renowned cancer surgeons have extensive training and experience in treating cancer. Their research has been widely published in medical literature and nationally recognized by their peers.
With a level of proficiency in advanced surgical treatments typically found at larger university medical centers, our cancer surgeons are making the following breakthrough procedures available in the convenience and comfort of a community hospital.
Our daVinci surgical team is the most experienced at a community hospital in Maryland, performing robotic surgery for prostate and gynecological cancers. We have the newest state-of-the-art, high-definition, da Vinci Surgical System.
Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgical Options
- Hepatic resection
- VATS lobectomy for lung cancer
- Thoracic sympathectomy
- Minimally invasive/thoracoscopic (VATS) resection of mediastinal tumors
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery
- LASER Ablation
- Airway stents
- Esophageal stents
- Pleural drainage catheters
- Advanced surgical options:
- Esophagectomy post chemotherapy and radiation
- Whipple surgery
- Lobectomy post chemotherapy/radiation
- Pleuropneumonectomy for mesothelioma