UM Shore Regional Health Amputee Clinic provides care and training to the Eastern Shore area through our Center for Prosthetic an Orthotic Care. Receiving a prosthetic or orthotic device requires preparation and support. Our approach to prosthetic and orthotic devices, such as braces, splints and other supports includes educating you on recovery and functional status.
Whether you are new to prosthetics or have maintained use over time, we can help you improve your strength and independence through our clinics. We also provide prosthetic and orthotic prescriptions.
- Preconditioning/Preparation skills of lower extremity amputations.
- Facilitation of transitioning to wearing a prosthesis
- Training in lower extremity prosthetic use for ambulation
- Addressing independent living skills
- Preconditioning and preparation skills for upper extremity amputations
- Adaptive skills for performing every day activities
- Training in one-handed skills
- Training in prosthetic use of self-care, work and leisure
In additional to our focused physical and occupation therapies, our specialists evaluate wounds and improve pain management.
- Stephen Wills, MD
Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Jed Newhardt, CPO
Dankmeyer Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Carla Smith, PT
Certified Neuro Clinical Specialist APTA
1st and 3rd Tuesday: 8 am – 12 pm