Patients & Visitors
Important Information about The Flu for Shore Regional Health
Effective Date: Thursday, February 1st until further notice
We are in the midst of a severe influenza (“flu”) season, and activity is high across the region and the United States. Our top priority at Shore Regional Health is the health and safety of our patients, staff, visitors and community. We are therefore implementing a modified visitor policy to help prevent the spread of influenza. The following modified visitor policy is effective immediately and will remain in effect until further notice:
- Visitors are discouraged except for immediate family, significant others or those necessary for the patient’s emotional well-being.Special exceptions can be made, for instance in end of life situations, by contacting the patients nurse.
- No one under the age of 18, unless they are a patient or the parent of a patient, is permitted to visit inpatient units within the hospital. Exceptions may be made for “compassionate care” visits.
- Only two (2) adult visitors allowed per patient at a time.
- Persons without patient or physician appointments are asked not to bring children under the age of 18 to the hospital unless the appointment is for the child
- Visitors exhibiting flu-like symptoms including fever, runny nose, cough or sore throat, are not permitted to visit patients in the hospital.
- Visitors who have recently had respiratory illness or diarrhea or vomiting should refrain from visiting.