Inpatient Therapy - Requard Center
The Requard Center for Acute Rehabilitation provides inpatient hospital-level care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for patients 18 and older. Treatment includes rehabilitation nursing, physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), speech/language therapy (SLP), case management and outcomes management.
Centrally located at the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton, the Requard Center's rehabilitation programs serve the Eastern Shore and Delaware.
The Requard Philosophy
The core themes of acute rehabilitation are hope, confidence and self-reliance. In the Requard Center, an experienced and specially trained multidisciplinary team treats the whole person and helps each individual rise to the occasion following a health crisis, with an emphasis on education and training.
Acute rehabilitation is a comprehensive program of coordinated, integrated, interdisciplinary services provided under the direction of physicians qualified and experienced in rehabilitation. The Requard Center, one of several acute care programs within the University of Maryland Medical System around the state, is the first and only comprehensive acute rehabilitation center of its kind in the five-county region served by University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
Care and Therapy
- Daily physician care
- Respiratory therapy
- Six to seven hours of daily nursing care
- Three hours of intense interdisciplinary therapy provided at least six days a week
- Access to orthotics and prosthetics
- Radiology and laboratory
- A 20-bed rehabilitation hospital unit
- Large private and semi-private patient rooms designed to facilitate independence and socialization
- An ADL (activities of daily living) apartment with refrigerator, stove, sink and laundry connected to a private room to increase confidence and encourage independent living
- A multi-purpose education and training center with uniquely designed adjustable circular tables for dining and other activities
- A specialized rehabilitation gym that offers high-tech rehabilitation equipment, including:
The Center is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for its overall inpatient rehabilitation program and for its specialized Stroke Rehabilitation program. The Requard Center also is accredited by the Joint Commission and its nurses are Magnet-recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
To learn more about The Requard Center for Acute Rehabilitation or to schedule an appointment, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5873 or 5845.