Patient Safety and Quality
Be an Active Member of Your Health Care Team
At UM Shore Regional Health, we are committed to providing quality, patient-centered care in all of our inpatient and outpatient programs. Providing safe and effective treatment -- and supporting patients and loved ones challenged by managing illness and recovery -- are our highest priorities.
Because you know yourself or your family member best, you can play and important role in assisting the health care team in providing optimal care. We encourage you to follow these guidelines:
- Be sure to answer the doctors' and nurses' questions as completely as you can so that your care providers have a full picture of your health status and related information.
- If you do not understand something, ask for clarification. Our nurses, physicians and other staff are here for you and will take the time to explain any aspect of your care.
- If something doesn't look or feel right to you, question it.
- Be sure to promptly notify a health care professional about any problems you or your loved one are experiencing, so that he or she can take quick action.
- Follow instructions carefully.