Pain Management Center
Call for appointment:410-820-6517 410-820-6517
UM Shore Regional Health's Comprehensive Pain Management Center offers a unique and effective state-of-the-art approach to pain management. Pain Management is offered within our Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services, where we can integrate a multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment of chronic pain.
Our pain care plan combines the best of traditional Western medicine with complementary therapeutic options, including reiki, acupuncture and massage.
Patients are accepted into the program by referral from primary care providers, orthopedists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and other medical specialists. To refer a patient to the Pain Center, please forward the following information:
- Office notes that state clearly why the patient is being referred for treatment/evaluation
- Any X-rays or MRIs related to the pain, injury or condition
- Patient information, including contact information and insurance
Once we receive this information, our coordinator will asses the referral and reach out to schedule an appointment. Please fax all information to 410-770-3900. Please note: You may self-refer, but you must reach out to your primary care physician or specialist to send the necessary information.
What We Treat
- Chronic pain
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Musculoskeletal pain
Each patient's care begins with a personalized physical and medical consultation. This diagnostic session includes a review of his or her work history, recent and past injuries, past surgeries and treatments, and medication history.
From this individual profile, our specialists develop a specific and targeted treatment plan that includes
- Medication management and lifestyle education
- Minimally invasive in-office procedures, such as trigger point injections, joint injections, and nerve blocks
- Outpatient fluoroscopic image-guided interventional procedures:
- Epidural steroid injections
- Facet joint injections
- Sympathetic and peripheral nerve blockades
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Radio-frequency ablation
- Physical therapy
- Referral for nutrition education and smoking cessation resources
- Participation in research-based Chronic Pain Self Management classes
The Pain Care Team
The Shore Comprehensive Pain Care team includes board certified pain management physicians, nurse practitioners and pain management RNs.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at 410-820-6517. Please fax referrals to 410-770-3900.