If you are a patient at UM Shore Regional Health, learn about the information and services we have for you. Ask us any questions you have at any time during your stay.
Language interpretation services are available for patients and their visiting family members, as follows:
- UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown – Human Resources, 410-778-7668, ext. 4044, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. At other times, patients may dial 0 for the hospital telephone operator and request Language Line Service. Arrangements also can be made for a certified sign language interpreter, if needed.
- UM Shore Medical Centers at Dorchester and Easton – Inform your Access Representative upon admission that a Language Line Service will be needed. Arrangements also can be made for a certified sign language interpreter.
- Schedule an appointment
- Billing and insurance
- Financial assistance
- Medical records
- Patient admission & registration
- Patient safety and quality
- Patient Safety Resources
- UM Shore Regional Health patient handbook
All patients have the right to make decisions about their medical care, including whether or not to refuse medical and surgical treatment and to prepare Advance Directives. Patients should bring copies of their Advance Directives with them; any patient who has not completed one may get access to Advance Directive information and forms from the Maryland Attorney General's office.