House Staff Association and Lounge - Current Residents and Fellows
UMMS House Staff Association is dedicated to providing the UMMS residents and fellows with representation, advocacy, and free food. The Medical Center supports a house staff lounge, located on Weinberg 4 (W4L155), that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for house staff use.
We strive to give you support while you are working hard in and out of the hospital. We also believe it is important to provide opportunities to explore your city and interact with your peers.
We plan events outside of the hospital for all residents and fellows. We encourage you to bring your family to these events as well. We also try to have events inside the hospital. Residencies and fellowships are difficult. It is our goal to make sure you enjoy your time while you are here.
Follow us on Instagram @ummchsa
Join the Facebook UMMC Marketplace group for housing and moving: UMMC Marketplace | Facebook
House Staff Lounge Amenities
Some amenities include:
- Computers with internet access
- Work stations
- Hydration station
- Flat screen television
The House Staff Association collects a voluntary fee that is used to support the cost of it's social events. Simply fill out the application and it will authorize UMMS payroll to automatically deduct $3 per pay period from your paycheck. Return the completed form to the Graduate Medical Education Office - email@example.com.
You can also complete a SurveyMonkey enrollment form here: HSA Membership Dues Survey Link
House Staff Board Members
- President: Henal Motiwala - Radiology
- Vice President, Workplace Diversity & Inclusion: Eseosa Fernandes - Preventive Medicine
- Vice President, Community Engagement: Stephanie Fischell - Pediatrics
- Resident Wellness Ambassador: Katy Scharf - Anesthesiology
- Social Chair: Katherine Tran - Emergency Medicine
Minority House Staff Subcommittee
- Latey Bradford - Family Medicine
- Ese Iskheloa - Pediatrics
House Staff Officers - firstname.lastname@example.org