House Staff Association and Lounge - Current Residents and Fellows
UMMS House Staff Association is dedicated to providing the UMMS residents and fellows with representation, advocacy, and free food. The Medical Center supports a house staff lounge, located on Weinberg 4 (W4L155), that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for house staff use.
We strive to give you support while you are working hard in and out of the hospital. We also believe it is important to provide opportunities to explore your city and interact with your peers.
We plan events outside of the hospital for all residents and fellows. We encourage you to bring your family to these events as well. We also try to have events inside the hospital. Residencies and fellowships are difficult. It is our goal to make sure you enjoy your time while you are here.
House Staff Association Social Events
- July - Raw and Refined Social Gathering
- August - Sandlot Happy Hour with Johns Hopkins
- September - Pet Therapy with Pets on Wheels
- October - Halloween Party at Little Havana
- November/December - Volleyball League with Wellness Committee
- January - Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Social in Resident Lounge
- February - Housestaff Valentine's Dance
Follow us on Instagram @ummchsa
House Staff Lounge Amenities
Some amenities include:
- Computers with internet access
- Work stations
- Hydration station
- Flat screen television
The House Staff Association collects a voluntary fee that is used to support the cost of it's social events. Simply fill out the application and it will authorize UMMS payroll to automatically deduct $3 per pay period from your paycheck. Return the completed form to the Graduate Medical Education Office - firstname.lastname@example.org.
House Staff Board Members
- President: Gloribel Olexa - Pediatrics
- Vice President, Resident/Fellow Representation: Nikhil Prasad - Surgery
- Vice President, House Staff Events and Social Media: Michelle Ponder - Internal Medicine
- Vice President, House Staff Events and Committees: Doug Hilbert - Internal Medicine
- Vice President, House Staff Committee for Improvement: TJ Klein - OB/Gyn
- Social Event Organizer: Henal Motiwala - Radiology
House Staff Officers - email@example.com