Associations & Committees | Current Residents and Fellows
As a resident or fellow at the University of Maryland Medical Center, you have the opportunity to join associations and committees to help you further your career and become more involved on campus.
House Staff Association (Lounge)
The UMMS House Staff Association is a voluntary association dedicated to provide the UMMS residents and fellows with representation, advocacy, and free food. The House Staff Association has a lounge that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for house staff use.
Institutional committees you could join include:
- Employee Advisory Council
- Ethical Advisory Committee
- Graduate Medical Education Committee
- Performance Improvement Steering Committee
- Transfusion Practices Subcommittee
- SOM/UMMC Patient Experience Team
- MEADE Committee (Medication Errors, Adverse Drug Events)