Radiation Oncology Center
Call for appointment:410-427-2525 410-427-2525
Radiation therapy uses beams of high-energy, such as X-rays, protons or gamma rays, that treat many types of cancers. It is a more specific, localized treatment than chemotherapy. Radiation therapy attacks cancer cells in certain areas of the body to prevent them from growing.
UM SJMC Radiation Oncology Center, led by Jason Citron, MD and Stephen Ronson, MD, treats cancer with radiotherapy equipment including:
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Varian TrueBeam
- 3-D Cone-Beam CT for precise pre-treatment alignment
- 4-D CT-Simulator with Respiratory Gating
- Biograph 40 PET/CT
- Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer, Low-Dose Rate (LDR)
- Brachytherapy for GYN and Breast Malignancies, High-Dose Rate (HDR)
- Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- SAVI Targeted Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
- RapidArc Therapy
- Varian Clinac iXTM Linear Accelerator
During radiation therapy, healthy cells can also be destroyed, which can result in side effects. Throughout your treatment, your radiation therapy team will be monitoring you to help assure your greatest comfort and healing.
- Learn more about the side effects of radiation therapy.
- Learn more about the types of radiation therapy we provide.
- Monday – Friday: 8 am–4:30 pm
- On call for emergencies
- 7501 Osler Drive
Towson, MD 21204
Please call the UM St. Joseph Radiation Oncology Center at 410-427-2525 for more information
For a physician referral after 4:30 pm or on weekends, please call 410-337-1338.