What to Pack for the Birthing Center
Birthing Center team members do everything they can to ensure that mothers are as comfortable as possible during labor, delivery and recovery. Bringing some of the comforts of home with you can assist with that. Here is helpful information on what to bring when you pack for the Birthing Center.
- Patient identification
- Insurance cards
- Socks and slippers
- Nursing bra and undergarments
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, lip balm, lotions)
- Hair brush, hair bands, hair ties, clips
- Soothing music
- Focal point
- Hand-held massager
- Reading materials
- Cell phone
- Comfortable clothing for discharge to home
*Items available at the Center; however, moms may be more comfortable using their own.
- Comfortable clothing
Items for Baby
- Going home outfit
- Car Seat (It is recommended that the car seat be installed prior to coming to the hospital)
The Birthing Center provides t-shirts, blankets, diapers, wipes and other toiletries for your baby during the stay.