Caring for Mom in the Birthing Center
During Labor and Delivery
During labor and delivery, expectant mothers can expect a safe and nurturing environment.
- Physicians, midwives and nurses offer constant support to ensure that patients are comfortable and educated throughout the childbirth process.
- The Birthing Center team works to create a collaborative, encouraging environment in which individualized birthing plans and preferences are understood and respected.
- Expectant mothers are offered a variety of labor techniques to ensure a productive and healthy delivery.
- The Center's knowledgeable and professional staff are prepared to care for mothers - and babies - with low or high risk conditions.
After delivery, new mothers can expect:
- Support with rooming-in, which will help with mother/baby bonding and enable new moms to learn their newborns' unique behaviors. Birthing Center staff does routine rounding to assist with newborn care, education and support for a pain-free recovery.
- Lactation support and guidance if breastfeeding.
- Open communication about the baby's progress and mom's recovery to ensure ample knowledge upon discharging to home.