Childbirth and Delivery
Call for appointment:240-677-3000 240-677-3000
UM Capital Region Health offers multiple delivery options ranging from moderate-touch traditional labor and delivery to high-intervention emergency cesarean sections.
Our highly skilled, certified nurse midwives, labor and delivery nurses, obstetric hospitalists, neonatologists and maternal-fetal medicine specialists are trained to handle any birthing situation, no matter how complex.
Our Women's and Infants floor at UM Capital Region Medical Center is a serene space for our mothers and their babies.
- Advanced labor and delivery rooms
- Two dedicated obstetric operating rooms
- Private rooms with large showers
- A pull-out couch for your birthing partner to stay with you
- Lactation support by certified lactation consultants for moms who want to breastfeed
- Two healing gardens
Whatever your desired birth plan, UM Capital is here to help you deliver a healthy baby.
We offer women the opportunity to experience a natural childbirth without medication or monitors.
Certified nurse midwives (CNMs) are present throughout the birthing process and are trained to know when medical intervention is recommended or required.
Call 240-677-3000 to schedule an appointment.