The Cancer Support Services at the Tate Cancer Center provide the following services to patients who have completed treatment for cancer at UM BWMC:
- Rehabilitation can improve the quality of life for people being treated for or who have completed treatment for cancer. Rehab can improve strength, decrease pain, treat lymphedema and much more. If you have an impairment or discomfort related to your cancer or cancer treatment, talk to one of your treating providers to see if rehab can help you. To make an appointment with one of the UM BWMC rehab therapists, please call 410-787-4433.
- The cost of cancer care can be a significant financial burden. It is important to understand your insurance benefits and ask for help when you need it. For questions about your UM BWMC bills, please contact our financial support team at 410-787-4440. To find out if you qualify for any financial assistance, visit Cancer.Net or the National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Our certified genetic counselor, Katie Bisordi, MS, MGC, CGC meets with patients to review their personal and family history of cancer. After a thorough review of these histories, she will discuss if genetic testing and/or additional cancer screening is appropriate for you. If testing is recommended, she will talk you through the process and answer any questions you have so that you and your family can make informed decisions. Learn more about genetic counseling. To make an appointment, please call 410-553-8146.
- Brooke Sawicki, RDN, LD is our registered dietitian. Advice from a dietitian can help you manage symptoms before, during and after cancer treatment. She will work with you on your individual dietary needs and goals, and develop a nutrition plan that works best for you and complements your health conditions. Visit Dietitian Services for more information about our outpatient dietitian services. Find out about eating tips before, during and after cancer treatment. To make an appointment, please call 410-553-8187.
Palliative and Hospice Care
- We work with palliative care and local hospice teams to ensure you experience the highest quality of life. To learn more about this specialized approach to care, visit Cancer.Net. If you have questions about or would like to know more about palliative or hospice care, please talk to one of your treating providers. Or, contact our oncology social worker at 410-553-8179.
- Dealing with cancer requires a supportive team. Spiritual support is a part of that team. A Chaplain is available to provide spiritual support Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm by calling 410-553-4183. The UM BWMC Chapel is also open 24 hours a day and is located in the lower level of the West Building. Learn more about spiritual care at BWMC.
Access to the Healing Garden
- The Healing Garden is located behind the Tate Cancer Center and offers a peaceful retreat for patients and their families. We invite you to visit the garden and enjoy the green, relaxing setting during your appointments with your cancer care providers.
Take a Tour of the Center
- Are you wondering what the infusion center looks like, or the radiation center, or the post-surgery hospital unit? Have you seen the healing garden yet? Let us give you a free tour of the Tate Cancer Center or the hospital to help get you acquainted. Please call us at 410-553-8179 to set up a tour.