Cancer Clinical Trials
Call for appointment:410-553-8100 410-553-8100
Clinical trials are studies designed to find new and better ways to treat patients with cancer. Through clinical trials, scientists and physicians at the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center are breaking new ground in the development of cancer treatments. Access to clinical trials is an important advantage of receiving your radiation therapy at UM BWMC.
We offer patients access to some of the 125 clinical trials currently being conducted at UMGCC. In this way, our patients may be eligible for new treatments not yet commercially available elsewhere. If you may be eligible for participation in one of the trials that are currently available, your physician may discuss it with you at the time of your consultation. If you are interested in one of the trials that are available in our department after discussing it with your physician, a research associate assists in coordinating participation.
Clinical Trials Currently Available at UM BWMC:
- GCC 1547 - Ultrasound-based bladder scanning for reproducibility of bladder-filling during abdominopelvic external beam radiotherapy.
- RTOG 1304 (NSABP B-51) - A randomized phase III clinical trial evaluating post-mastectomy chest wall and regional Nodal XRT and post-lumpectomy Regional Nodal XRT in patients with positive axillary nodes before neoadjuvant chemotherapy who convert to pathologically negative axillary nodes after neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- RTOG 3510 - PRAGMATIC PHASE III RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF PROTON VS. PHOTON THERAPY FOR PATIENTS WITH NON-METASTATIC BREAST CANCER: A RADIOTHERAPY COMPARATIVE EFFECTIVENESS (RADCOMP) CONSORTIUM TRIAL
- NRG-BR002 - A Phase IIR/III Trial of Standard of Care Therapy with or without Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) and/or Surgical Ablation for Newly Oligometastatic Breast Cancer.
- A011401 - Randomized Phase III Trial Evaluating the Role of Weight Loss in Adjuvant Treatment of Overweight and Obese Women with Early Breast Cancer
- A011502 - A Randomized Phase III Double Blinded Placebo Controlled Trial of Aspirin as Adjuvant Therapy for Node Positive HER2 Negative Breast Cancer: The ABC Trial
- A221505 - Phase III Randomized Trial of Hypofractionated Post Mastectomy Radiation with Breast Reconstruction
- GCC 18124 - Phase II Multi-center Trial Evaluating 5 Fraction S-PBI (Stereotactic Partial Breast Irradiation) for Early Stage Breast Cancer Using the GammaPod
- GCC 1876: Tumor Bed Dose Delivery using a Breast Specific Radiosurgery Device, The GammaPod: Registry Study and Evaluation of Quality of Life with Development of Sizing Nomogram
- A021502 - Randomized Trial of Standard Chemotherapy Alone or Combined with Atezolizumab as Adjuvant Therapy for Patients with Stage III Colon Cancer and Deficient DNA Mismatch Repair.
- GCC 1122 - "Observational study of hepatic metastasis of colorectal origin. International survey METSURVEY." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD, MSc, FACS.
- GCC 1301 - "Postoperative heme oxygenase induction and carbon monoxide production as a novel method to assess hepatic regeneration and predict hepatic related morbidity after partial hepatectomy." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD, MSc, FACS.
- A151216 - "Adjuvant Lung Cancer Enrichment Marker Identification and Sequencing Trial (ALCHEMIST) A screening trial for A081105, E4512 and EA5142"
- A081105 - "Randomized study of Erlotinib vs observation in patients with completely resected epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutant Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)"
- E4512 - "A Randomized Phase III Trial for Surgically Resected Early Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Crizotinib versus Observation for Patients with Tumors Harboring the Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK) Fusion Protein"
- EA5142 - "Adjuvant Nivolumab in Resected Lung Cancers (ANVIL) - A Randomized Phase III Study of Nivolumab After Surgical Resection and Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers"
- NRG-CC003 - A Randomized Phase II/III Trial of Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation with or without Hippocampal Avoidance for Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- NCT Clinical Trial 02041936 - "Outcomes of ablation of unresectable pancreatic cancer using the NanoKnife Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) System." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD.
- HP 00067132 - "Assessing the significance of Platelet to Lymphocyte Ratio (PLR) as a simple, non-invasive marker of immunological response in pancreatic cancer and its association with tumor infiltrated T cells." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD.
- Watch surgical oncologist Cherif Boutros, MD, MSc, FACS, medical director of the Tate Cancer Center, chief of surgical oncology at UM BWMC and associate professor of surgery at the University of Maryland School of Medicine discuss the latest clinical trials for pancreatic cancer.
- NRG-GU002 - Phase II-III Trial Of Adjuvant Radiotherapy and Androgen Deprivation Following Radical Prostatectomy With or without Adjuvant Docetaxel.
- NRG-GU005 - Phase III IGRT and SBRT vs IGRT and Hypofractionated IMRT for Localized Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer.
- NRG-GU006 - A PHASE II, DOUBLE-BLINDED, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF SALVAGE RADIOTHERAPY WITH OR WITHOUT ENHANCED ANTI-ANDROGEN THERAPY WITH APALUTAMIDE IN RECURRENT PROSTATE CANCER.
- NRG-GU007 - RANDOMIZED PHASE II TRIAL OF NIRAPARIB WITH STANDARD COMBINATION RADIOTHERAPY AND ANDROGEN DEPRIVATION THERAPY (ADT) IN HIGH RISK PROSTATE CANCER (WITH INITIAL PHASE I).
- GCC 1738 - PARTIQoL (Prostate Advanced Radiation Technologies Investigating Quality of Life) A Companion to Phase III Randomized PARTIQoL Clinical Trial.
- GCC 1940 - A Prospective Comparative Study of Outcomes with Proton and Photon Radiation in Prostate Cancer (COMPPARE).