Cancer Clinical Trials
Call for appointment:410-553-8048 410-553-8048
Clinical trials are studies designed to find new and better ways to treat patients with cancer. Through clinical trials, scientists and physicians at the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center are breaking new ground in the development of cancer treatments. Access to clinical trials is an important advantage of receiving your radiation therapy at UM BWMC.
We offer patients access to some of the 125 clinical trials currently being conducted at UMGCC. In this way, our patients may be eligible for new treatments not yet commercially available elsewhere. If you may be eligible for participation in one of the trials that are currently available, your physician may discuss it with you at the time of your consultation. If you are interested in one of the trials that are available in our department after discussing it with your physician, a research associate assists in coordinating participation.
Clinical Trials Currently Available at UM BWMC:
- A031803: Phase II Trial of Intravesical Gemcitabine and MK-3475 (Pembrolizumab) in the Treatment of Patients with BCG-Unresponsive Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- RTOG 3510: Pragmatic Phase II Randomized Trial of Proton vs. Photon Therapy for Patients with Non-Metastatic Breast Cancer: A Radiotherapy Comparative Effectiveness (RADCOMP) Consortium Trial
- NRG BR007: A Phase III Clinical Trial Evaluating De-escalation of Breast Radiation (DEBRA) for Conservative Treatment of Stage I, Hormone Sensitive, HER2- Negative, Oncotype Recurrence Score less than or equal to 18 Breast Cancer
- A221803 Mepitel Film for the Reduction of Radiation Dermatitis in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Post Mastectomy Radiation Therapy: Randomized Phase III Clinical Trial
- CCTG MA.39: TAILOR RT: A Randomized Trial of Regional Radiotherapy in Biomarker Low Risk Node Positive and T3N0 Breast Cancer
- PCG BRE007-12: Phase II study of Postoperative, Cardiac-Sparing Proton Radiotherapy for Patients with Stage II/III, Loco-Regional, Non-Metastatic Breast Cancer Requiring Whole Breast or Chest Wall Irradiation with Lymph Node Irradiation
- GCC 18124: Phase II Multi-center Trial Evaluating 5 Fraction S-PBI (Stereotactic Partial Breast Irradiation) for Early Stage Breast Cancer Using the GammaPod
- GCC 1876: Tumor Bed Dose Delivery using a Breast Specific Radiosurgery Device, The GammaPod: Registry Study and Evaluation of Quality of Life with Development of Sizing Nomogram
- A191901: Optimizing Endocrine Therapy Through Motivational Interviewing and Text Interventions
Central Nervous System
- NRG BN011: Testing the addition of the chemotherapy drug Lomustine (Gleostine) to the usual treatment (Temozolomide and radiation therapy) for newly diagnosed MGMT methylated glioblastoma
- GCC 20138: Laser interstitial thermal therapy followed by hypofractionated radiation therapy for treatment of newly diagnosed high-grade gliomas
- GCC 19140: Pilot study of laser interstitial thermal therapy followed by hypofractionated radiation therapy for treatment of recurrent gliomas
- NRG BN007: Testing the use of the immunotherapy drugs ipilimumab and nivolumab plus radiation therapy compared to the usual treatment (temozolomide and radiation therapy) for newly diagnosed MGMT unmethylated glioblastoma
- NRG-GI005: Phase II/III Study of Circulating Tumor DNA as a Predictive Biomarker in Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Patients with Stage IIA Colon Cancer (COBRA)
- NRG-GI008: Colon Adjuvant Chemotherapy Based on Evaluation of Residual Disease (CIRCULATE-US)
- GCC 1122: "Observational study of hepatic metastasis of colorectal origin. International survey METSURVEY." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD, MSc, FACS.
- NRG-GI006: Comparing Proton Therapy to Photon Radiation Therapy for Esophageal Cancer
- GCC 1301 - "Postoperative heme oxygenase induction and carbon monoxide production as a novel method to assess hepatic regeneration and predict hepatic related morbidity after partial hepatectomy." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD, MSc, FACS.
- GCC 1944: A Randomized Phase III Trial of Two Standard Dose Fractionation Regimens for Adjuvant Vaginal Brachytherapy in Early Stage Endometrial Cancer
Head and Neck
- GCC 20110: A single-arm, single-stage Phase II trial of Selective Avoidance of nodal VolumEs at minimal Risk (SAVER) in the contralateral neck of patients with p16-positive oropharynx cancer
- GCC 1301: "Postoperative heme oxygenase induction and carbon monoxide production as a novel method to assess hepatic regeneration and predict hepatic related morbidity after partial hepatectomy." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD, MSc, FACS.
- SWOG 1827: Testing whether the use of brain scans alone instead of brain scans plus preventive brain radiation affects lifespan in patients with small cell lung cancer
- RTOG 1308: Phase III Randomized Trial Comparing Overall Survival After Photon Versus Proton Chemoradiotherapy for Inoperable Stage II-IIIB NSCLC
- GCC 1635: Investigating Radiation-Induced Injury to Airways and Pulmonary Vasculature in Lung Stereo-tactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SAbR)
- A151216: "Adjuvant Lung Cancer Enrichment Marker Identification and Sequencing Trial (ALCHEMIST) A screening trial for A081105, E4512 and EA5142"
- E4512: "A Randomized Phase III Trial for Surgically Resected Early Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Crizotinib versus Observation for Patients with Tumors Harboring the Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase (ALK) Fusion Protein"
- A081801: "Integration of Immunotherapy into Adjuvant Therapy for Resected NSCLC: ALCHEMIST CHEMO-IO (ACCIO)"
- NCT Clinical Trial 02041936: "Outcomes of ablation of unresectable pancreatic cancer using the NanoKnife Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) System." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD.
- HP 00067132: "Assessing the Significance of Platelet to Lymphocyte Ratio (PLR) as a Simple, Non-Invasive Marker of Immunological Response in pancreatic cancer and its association with tumor infiltrated T cells." This study is offered by the Medical Director of the Tate Cancer Center, Cherif Boutros, MD.
- EA2185: Comparing the Clinical Impact of Pancreatic Cyst Surveillance Programs
- NRG-GU009: Parallel Phase III Randomized Trials for High-Risk Prostate Cancer Evaluating De-Intensification for Lower Genomic Risk and Intensification of Concurrent Therapy for Higher Genomic Risk with Radiation
- NRG-GU010: Parallel Phase III Randomized Trials of Genomic-Risk Stratified Unfavorable Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer: De-intensification and Intensification Clinical Trial Evaluation (guidance)
- GCC 2048: A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of Hypofractionated Accelerated Pelvic Nodal Radiotherapy Delivered with a Simultaneously Integrated Prostate Boost for Patients with Localized, Intermediate- and High-Risk Prostate Cancer
- GCC 21136: Phase 2 Randomized Total Eradication of Metastatic Lesions Following Definitive Radiation to the Prostate in De Novo Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer (TERPS) Trial
- NRG-GU002: Phase II-III Trial of Adjuvant Radiotherapy and Androgen Deprivation Following Radical Prostatectomy With or Without Adjuvant Docetaxel
- NRG-GU006: A Phase II, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Randomized Trial of Salvage Radiotherapy with or without Enhanced Anti-Androgen Therapy with Apalutamide in Recurrent Prostate Cancer