Risk Management Education - Medical Staff Services
MMCIP Required New Physician/LIP and Re-appointment Education
Maryland Medicine Comprehensive Insurance Program (MMCIP) requires, as a condition of professional liability insurance, that medical staff complete MMCIP orientation and continuing education courses as new medical staff appointees and with reappointment every two years. In order to fulfill this requirement, MMCIP has partnered with Med-IQ, an evidence based provider of online healthcare risk management and patient safety education programs. There is no cost to you.
New Provider Requirements – MDs/LIPs
- You are required to complete the MMCIP Orientation course. This course is not CME credit eligible.
- You are also required to complete two other Med-IQ courses at the time of appointment. These courses are CME credit eligible.
Reappointed Provider Requirements – MDs/LIPs
- Every two years, you are required to complete two Med-IQ courses at the time of reappointment. These courses are CME credit eligible.
- New & Reappointed Providers – within 60 days of email notification from Med-IQ
- Please note that failure to complete these required courses could result in the termination of your professional liability insurance coverage.
- Go to Med-IQ's login page
- New Users: You will receive a unique registration code from Med-IQ. To complete registration and activate your account, select the "Create an account" link at the top of the page and enter your unique registration code. Once this is complete, you will be directed to your courses.
- Returning Users: Sign in with your email and the password you previously used to access your Med-IQ courses. The system will prompt you to update your password and then direct you to your courses.
- If you cannot remember your password, use the "Forgot Your Password" link to have it reset.
- Med-IQ will automatically email your CME credit certificate to you when each eligible course is complete.
- You may view your Med-IQ account dashboard to verify the completion status of all required courses. Once completed, you do not need to do anything further until your next reappointment cycle.
Questions regarding Med-IQ requirements?
- If you have additional questions regarding the Med-IQ requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 667-214-1283.
Need help logging in or accessing your courses?
- Call: 888-315-4356
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit: Med-IQ
Med-IQ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Med-IQ is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.