Psychiatry Residency Graduates
Whether you are headed straight into your career or are bound for fellowship, training at the University of Maryland / Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency Training Program will prepare you to excel as a clinician and psychiatrist.
Residents graduating from our program boast a 100% general boards pass rate and typically have their choice of top fellowship programs.
Around 65% of our residents elect to pursue fellowship-level training and many chose to attend our own fellowship programs
Fellowships offered through the University of Maryland Medical System include:
- Viviana Alvarez-Toro – Forensic Fellowship trained from Yale; Now an inpatient attending at Saint Elizabeth’s Hospital in Washington, DC. Associate Program Director for the forensic fellowship for St Elizabeth’s Hospital.
- Brian Benjamin – previously working at Springfield Hospital Center; has recently moved to California
- Benjamin Ehrenreich – Attending at the RETREAT at Sheppard Pratt
- Andrea Foye-Tranchitella – Springfield Hospital Center, Unit Director and Attending Psychiatrist
- Keith Gallagher – Assistant Professor at Yale
- Albert Nguyen – 2nd year of Child and Adolescent Fellowship at University of Maryland
- Shapir Rosenberg – Completed Palliative Care Fellowship at USF; Palliative Care physician in New York
- Kathryn Skimming – Part time at New York University as a Clinical Instructor in Consult Liaison Psychiatry. Part time in her private forensic psychiatry practice and part time doing forensic evaluations at the Queens County Forensic Psychiatry Court Clinic
- Elise Turner – Outpatient Psychiatrist at Gladstone Psychiatry and Wellness
- Shane Verhoef – Outpatient Attending at Salt Lake City Veteran Administration Hospital
- Cameron Williams – Attending at the RETREAT at Sheppard Pratt
- Jana Elliker – Outpatient Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at The Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters in Norfolk, VA.
- Michael Cannon – Outpatient psychiatry and Emergency Psychiatry at St. Joseph's Medical Center
- Daniel Albert Caycedo – Attending Psychiatrist at Trauma disorders Unit at Sheppard Pratt
- Marissa Flaherty – Assistant Professor, Director, Medical Student Education in Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Vedrana Hodzic – Assistant professor at University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Michael Peroski – Department Chair, Psychiatry at Mercy One Dubuque, Shareholder, Medical Associates Clinic and Health Plans, Psychiatrist at Crescent community center; Stonehill; and Sunnycrest Manor.
- Rebecca Sokal – Attending Psychiatrist at the Center of Eating Disorders at Sheppard Pratt
- Adela Stroescu – Outpatient Psychiatrist at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Baltimore, MD
- Daniel Todd – Attending Outpatient psychiatrist at Pittsburgh Mercy, a community mental health clinic in Pittsburgh, PA
- Ayesha Ashai - Outpatient Telepsychiatry in Cleveland and Chicago; Forensic Psychiatric Consultant in San Francisco and Chicago
- Charles Koransky - Mental Health Center of Denver in Denver, CO doing community psychiatry
- Riddhi Kothari - INOVA hospital system in Northern Virginia as Medical Director for Behavioral Emergencies
- Julia Merti - Outpatient group practice at Gladstone in Columbia, Maryland.
- Michael Moore - Inova Behavioral Health in Virginia
- Chinenyenwa Onyemaechi – full time locums tenens
- Ariel Schonfeld - CAP fellowship 2017-2019 @ Stanford, Forensic fellowship 2019-2020 @ ucsf: Now: Clinical & Forensic private practice in San Francisco, Psychiatrist at Newport Academy (Adolescent and young adult IOP & PHP) in Northern California, Weekend attending psychiatrist on inpatient unit at California Pacific Medical Center in SF. And then I also teach at UCSF.
- Archana Varma – Private practice in Baltimore area
- Kristen Gialo – Private Practice on Eastern Shore of Maryland, called Be Medicine.
- Benjamin Israel – Service Chief on Trauma Disorders Unit at Sheppard Pratt
- Gregory Jasinski - Inpatient and Outpatient Psychiatrist. Inpatient at Linden Oaks Hospital in Naperville, Illinois. Has private practice called Luxmed Behavioral Health located in Warrenville, Illinois.
- Alexandra Rice - Inpatient psychiatrist at Eastern Shore Hospital Center in Cambridge, MD
- E. Jane Richardson – Assistant professor of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Deborah Brooks - Associate Program Director for the Child and Adolescent Fellowship at University of Maryland
- Jolie Carter - Behavioral Health Medical Director at Optum, Inc.
- Joy Chang – Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Megan Della Selva – Correctional Psychiatry in Martinez, CA.
- Laura Eskander – Attending at Young Adult Unit at Sheppard Pratt
- Sarah Herts - Clinical trial research at Pharmasite Research and Private Practice (fee for service). Additionally, working at Baltimore Crisis Response, Inc. since residency.
- Ellen Lee - University of California San Diego, Assistant Professor and a Staff psychiatrist at the San Diego Veterans Hospital.
- M.M. Naveen - Behavioral Health Charlotte, a facility of Atrium Health in Charlotte, NC
- Leigh Ruth - Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL.
- Robert Schloesser - Director Point-of-Care Research & Innovation, Sheppard Pratt Health System; Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, Sheppard Pratt Health System