Opportunities for UMMC Employees
Career coaching services for UMMC employees provide coaching and supportive services to new hires and current team members with the goal of increasing job retention and enhancing career advancement.
- Onboarding Assistance – A navigator guides job candidates who have accepted offers. They can help with online orientation, HR forms (background check authorization, I-9 verification, etc.) and scheduling health assessments and screenings.
- Job Retention – New hires in entry-level positions can get support that will help them stay in their jobs for the long term. During the first year of employment, services include a needs assessment, 30-day check-ins, an individualized development plan (IDP) and resources to help reduce possible barriers to success.
- Career Planning and Advancement – To help you plan your career at UMMC, we offer help in evaluating your skills and setting person-centered goals. Also, you can get help with your resume, links to jobs and interview preparation services as we help you with career transitions and advancement.
- Continuing Education Assistance – Team members who would like professional development, advanced certifications or continuing education can learn about programs and funding options.
- Skilled Training – Referrals for additional training are made based on your interests, preferences and opportunities to improve skills, which might help you qualify for new jobs.
- Supportive Services – Individual counseling, service coordination, crisis intervention, legal aid and financial wellness resources are available to employees.
To learn more, contact our Workforce Development Team.