During this pandemic, it has been challenging for the Red Cross to receive donations. At this time, the Red Cross will not accept walk-ins for the safety of their staff and all donors. To support social distancing, appointments are now required.
Rapid Pass must be completed on the day of your appointment, prior to your arrival. You will receive an email with instructions before your scheduled date.
Thank you for your understanding.
- See our Blood Drive Schedule to sign up online.
Each month, UMMC holds an open blood drive so that you can support our medical community.
There are many reasons to give—someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds and one donation can save up to three lives—but really, it is the right thing to do, and you will walk a little taller each time you donate.
At UMMC, we use more than 36,000 units of blood a year. Every blood drive is greatly needed.
Check out the information below, then reserve a time for the next drive and bring a friend. All UMMC employees receive 1,250 Positive Points, part of our new Reward and Recognition Program, for donating. Email Briana Mathis at email@example.com with any questions.
Who Can Give Blood
Requirements for Donating Blood
- Be in generally good health.
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Weigh at least 110 pounds.
- NOT have gotten a tattoo within the past year.
- NOT have donated blood within the past 56 days.
- See all requirements.
More About Being a Donor
- What To Expect
- What Happens to Donated Blood
- Mom Honors Son's Legacy by Supporting Blood Donation
- Low Iron Levels
- Reasons People Don't Give Blood
- 50 Quick Facts About Donating
- Blood Drive Schedule