Revitalize the Health, Social and Economic Conditions of our West Baltimore Community
As the largest anchor institutions in West Baltimore, we will work in partnership with our community to build and support a healthy, empowered, socially cohesive and revitalized community.
- Develop and implement health care delivery based on neighborhood needs to improve primary care, chronic disease management, and care coordination.
- Expand West Baltimore partnerships with federally qualified health centers to improve patient access and student-supported clinics at Mondawmin Mall.
- Recruit senior associate dean for population health and community medicine to lead operations and strategic partnerships.
- Leverage innovative care models to expand care for our communities and maximize funding.
- Implement the University of Maryland Career Academy to foster economic well-being.
Measure of Success
Implement health equity interventions within UMMC to improve access to care, reduce instances of pediatric asthma and address disparity gaps in patient readmissions.