Smarter Purchasing - Sustainability Initiatives
Through Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP), UMMC is working towards responsible use of resources, sourcing safer and more earth friendly products, as well as reduction in overall waste. UMMC has implemented a number of programs and strategies to achieve these goals.
- Implementation of Green Cleaning Policy
- Purchasing reprocessed medical devices
- Integration of sustainability principles into product value analysis process
- Reusable tote program (eliminated need for excess packaging)
- Participating in Practice Green Health's Initiative: Greening the Supply Chain