Sustainability Team - UMMC Goes Green
The Green Team, originally formed in 2007 by Vickie Stewart, is a multi-disciplinary group of staff committed to:
- Reducing environmental risks to our staff, patients, and our communities.
- Promoting the welfare and health of individuals and the environment.
- Leading by example in the responsible use and care of resources.
- Taking responsibility in promoting conservation and environmental stewardship.
The Green Team is led by Justin Graves, RN, MS, Sustainability Manager, under the direction of Denise Choiniere, RN MS, Director - Materials Management and Sustainability.
The UMMC Green Team meets monthly and relies on its diverse group of members to continue its work on the various sustainability programs throughout the Medical Center. Departments regularly represented are:
- Facilities & Building Operations
- Project Management
- Pediatrics/Child Life
- Food & Dining Services
- Clinical Nutrition
- Human Resources
- Quality Improvement & Compliance
- Materials Management
- Parking & Transportation