Psychiatric Unit Patient & Visitor Information
When we redesigned our inpatient unit at UMMC Midtown, we chose to use aesthetics as a form of therapy. Every patient room is private and has a unique, hand-painted mural.
During a patient’s stay, we provide access to support groups and other types of therapeutic care, including:
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other chemical dependency services
- Coping skills, relapse prevention, goal setting, personal counseling and life skills services
- Arts and crafts, music relaxation and orientation therapy
What to bring
Please do not bring more than three sets of clothing during your stay. All personal items must be searched and inventoried by our staff. Lockers are provided for the safekeeping of each patient’s belongings.
Please do not bring the following items into the unit:
- Food, beverages or alcohol
- Cigarettes, matches and lighters
- Belts and clothing with strings or hoods
- Medications or other personal products (soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Weapons of any type, including knives
- Magazines of a violent or sexual nature
Visiting hours are Monday through Friday 1-2 pm and 6-8 pm and 1-3 pm on weekends and holidays. Please see our Visitor Guidelines for the Inpatient Psychiatry.