Adult Psychiatric Day Hospital at UMMC Midtown Campus
Call for appointment:410-328-6231 410-328-6231
The Adult Psychiatric Day Hospital at the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus provides intensive treatment for patients who require a higher level of care than can be provided in the clinic setting.
The Day Hospital functions as a step-down unit for patients, helping ease their transition back to the community. Patients may be referred to the Day Hospital as a step-down from inpatient care, as a step-up from clinic care or from the emergency department
Most patients complete their Day Hospital treatment in about two to five weeks before continuing care with conventional outpatient services, but patients stay in the program as their care plan requires. Patients attend programming Monday through Friday from 8 am to 3 pm.
Served by a dedicated team, the Day Hospital provides an individualized care plans that include:
- Individual assessment by a psychiatrist, occupational therapist, social worker and psychiatric nurse
- One-on-one medication management sessions a faculty-psychiatrist
- Daily group therapy sessions
- Case management
- Substance abuse services
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Transportation: Bus tokens and parking passes are available. If the patient lives in the city and is unable to take the bus, transportation via Lyft can be coordinated.
Tours of the Day Hospital are available Monday - Friday at 1 pm by appointment through the Psychiatric Assessment and Referral Center (PARC) or by calling 410-225-8739.
For more information, to make an appointment or referrals please call 410-328-6231.