The UM Center for Infectious Diseases is a trusted partner of the Institute of Human Virology (IHV), an institute of the UM School of Medicine comprised of IHV faculty. The UM Center for Infectious Diseases partners with IHV programs including the THRIVE Program and the JACQUES Initiative, an outreach program that changes lives, engages communities and supports health systems affected by HIV and hepatitis C.
Located in the Midtown Campus Outpatient Tower, our team coordinates with dedicated specialists, and as a result, patients have access to the latest research in the field while receiving advanced, comprehensive care all in one location.
The THRIVE Program specializes in preventing, treating and managing a range of illnesses, including hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
To learn more about the THRIVE Program and the services offered, download the THRIVE Program Welcome Packet.
Treatment Retention, Adherence and Community Care (TRACC)
- THRIVE's TRACC helps patients live well by keeping them engaged in HIV care. They offer a treatment pharmacy where patients can work with treatment coaches and pick up medications daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. An extensive support team keeps in close contact with patients, offering services at a patient’s place of residence if needed.
- Location: 827 Linden Avenue, Armory Building, Suite D (entrance on Howard Street)
- Phone: 443-552-2616
Telemedicine for Infectious Diseases
The University of Maryland Center for Infectious Diseases now offers telemedicine for new and existing patients. To schedule a telehealth appointment, please call 410-225-8369.
Services at the Center for Infectious Diseases
The center offers integrated and innovative care for a range of infectious diseases including HIV and all types of viral hepatitis. A multidisciplinary team of experienced providers, including infectious disease specialists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, social workers, substance abuse counselors and dietitians, collaborate daily on patient treatment plans. This approach ensures patients receive comprehensive, high-quality care that positions them for long-term success.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
800 Linden Ave, Floor 7
Baltimore, MD 21201
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 8 am - 4:30 pm
- 9 am - 4:30 pm
Make an Appointment
- To schedule a consultation for HIV or hepatitis C, please call the main clinic at 410-225-8369.
- To schedule a consultation for any other infectious disease, please call 410-328-9102.
- To speak to the HIV Prevention team for more information or to make an appointment for an HIV or hepatitis C rapid test, please call 410-706-6410