At UMMC Midtown, we strive to make a difference in Baltimore and beyond by working with community partners to promote health and wellness for all ages.
Community Health Education Center (CHEC)
The Community Health Education Center (CHEC), offers free health, wellness, and lifestyle resources to keep you well and out of the hospital as well as . free health tests and screenings, and if needed, referrals for care.
Located on the lower level of the Midtown Outpatient Tower, the CHEC team collaborates with University of Maryland experts to provide patients and community members with the most up-to-date, research-supported health care information.
Midtown Outpatient Tower
The new University of Maryland Medical Center's Midtown Campus Outpatient Tower, which opened in September 2021, enhances our ability to provide university-based medicine, innovation, and education, to support our neighbors in Baltimore and the region.
- Diabetes, heart, lung, kidney, eye, sleep, digestive health and infectious disease specialists all conveniently located in the same building
- 10 stories housed in 212,000 square feet
- 5 floors of quality health care services, including a Community Health Resource and Conference Center
- 5 floors of parking with 255 spaces
- Green building with LEED principles
- Health education and lifestyle management programs
- Outpatient surgery center
- Additional University of Maryland specialty practices
Maryland's Health Matters
Our consumer newsletter, Maryland's Health Matters, provides general health and wellness information for Baltimore City residents. Read the latest edition of Maryland's Health Matters.
Financial Assistance Policy
At UMMC Midtown Campus, you have the option of applying for financial assistance to help pay for your hospital visit. View our financial assistance information.