Call for appointment:240-677-3000 240-677-3000
Stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA) are medical emergencies!
You should seek medical attention immediately if you or someone you are with is experiencing stroke symptoms.
Early recognition and treatment of a stroke can minimize the damage to your brain and prevent disability.
Types of Stroke
How is a Stroke Diagnosed?
- ACT (Computed Tomography) scan is performed immediately on arrival to determine the type of stroke, location and extent of the damage
- Additional medical imaging studies may be ordered if further information is needed to make a diagnosis
- The physician and nurse perform thorough neurological and physical exams
- Medical history and medications are reviewed to determine risk factors for stroke
- Blood tests, electrocardiogram and x-rays may be ordered