Population health at University of Maryland Capital Region Health is a collaborative effort to improve the overall health status of everyone in our community.
Our doctors, nurses and population health team work with social service agencies and other community partners to understand the health issues impacting Prince George's County.
Together, we develop plans that increase patient access and coordination of healthcare services.
Our population health strategies provide programs and services to:
- Reduce avoidable hospital utilization
- Reduce re-admissions and improve quality of care
- Improve overall community health status
- Recruit and hire primary care and specialty care doctors to support health clinics that increase access to care
- Create programs with partners to improve disease management and prevent complications for:
- Behavioral health
- Chronic diseases
- Improve transitional care support for patients to prevent readmissions from post-acute care sites
- Promote wellness, behavior change and engagement in appropriate care
To share best practices and innovate advanced population health management ideas, UM Capital is part of Totally Linking Care Maryland. TLC-MD is a group of hospitals, health departments, primary care doctors and area agencies on aging that collaborates to coordinate care for patients in ways that support long-term health.
To learn more about our Population Health Program, call 240-677-3000.