Events and Sponsorship Requests
We may be a health system, but we're very much part of our local community.
We believe it's important to play a leading role in offering both charitable and community outreach support to specific projects and programs that enrich the lives of area residents
Our guidelines for support of community organizations provide an opportunity for us to back efforts on behalf of the community, reinforce relationships with customers, community leaders, other non-profit organizations and government officials while recognizing a marketing and community relations benefit.
Our charitable and community outreach programs support organizations that align with UM Capital's mission and business goals. These types of organizations assist people in crisis, focus on health promotion, education, civic and community issues, and contribute positively to the community's quality of life. UM Capital will also consider supporting organizations that focus on specific issues of importance to our health system, such as children, families, diversity, and organizations that provide a marketing an community relations benefit to us.
The primary goals of our marketing and community outreach programs are:
- Support organizations that align with our mission and work on issues we care about
- Support locally based non-profit organizations that rely on community contributions and volunteers
- Sponsor events and enhance the marketing awareness and community relations of the health system
Types of requests suitable for funding:
- Corporate health & wellness activities
- Request for support/event participation with:
- Parks & Recreation
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Support for a specific issue in alignment with UM Capital's mission and business goals (this should support the business development objectives of the health system and can also be supported by in-kind contributions).
Specific criteria sponsorships, in-kind donation requests, and community outreach support:
- The organizations should provide broad-based, unbiased health information to the public in areas closely aligned with UM Capital's core services
- Advances community health improvement priorities & initiatives - As defined in the UM Capital Region Community Health Improvement Report
- The request is for an organization in a community in which UM Capital serves
- The organization must have a certain level of attendees expected
- Outreach requests must be submitted at least 8 weeks in advance
UM Capital Region Health will consider sponsorship for all types of organizations. Multi-year pledges will not be considered.
Process for Requesting Support
All request for charitable and/or community outreach support should be submitted electronically using the Donation/Support Form at least eight weeks prior to the date of the event. All requests are evaluated on a timely basis.
Support is often requested in exchange for public recognition, such as ads in programs, and other publications, sponsorship for athletic teams or clubs. Requests for sponsorship/advertising will be considered in light of how the requesting organization's goals and values fit with UM Capital Region Health, the value of sponsorship/advertising, other area businesses participating with the organization and extent of visibility of the event.
All contributions and support are tracked by our Community Health Department as part of the reporting requirement set by the Maryland HSCRC Community Benefits Reporting Requirement (both dollar value of time and cash contributions, as well as evaluations of event or sponsorship).
Click here to go to the event Sponsorship Registration Form.