ATTENTION VISITORS: Effective January 24, 2018, we have a Modified Visitor Policy to protect against the flu.
Flu is hitting Maryland hard. To protect the health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors, please note the following visiting modifications:
- No one under age 18 (except if parent of a patient) is permitted to visit inpatient units
- Do not bring children under 18 with you for outpatient or doctor visits, unless the appointment is for the child
- Only 2 adult visitors allowed per patient at a time
- Visitors exhibiting flu symptoms — runny nose, fever, cough — are not permitted to visit hospital patients
Thank you for understanding and for your help in fighting the flu.
Normal Visiting Hours and Guidelines
(when modified Visitor Policy is not in effect)
Acute Care Units, Pediatrics, and the Emergency Department
- 24 hours
- **All children under 12 must be supervised.**
- Daily 6:00–7:00 p.m.
- Weekends and Holidays 2:30–4:00 p.m.
Psychiatric Unit Family Hours (17 years old and younger)
- Daily 5:30–6:00 p.m.
- Weekends and Holidays 2:00–2:30 p.m.
Upon entering the hospital, all visitors must report to the Information Desk in the main lobby to ask for a visitor wristband. We require everyone to identify themselves and their destination within the hospital to provide a safer environment for our patients, visitors and staff. The main lobby of the medical center is open 24 hours a day.
Please note, our visiting hours are subject to change and certain restrictions may be implemented throughout the year for our patients' safety - for example, flu restrictions may apply during flu season. In addition, special arrangements can be made if needed - please ask the nurse manager on your nursing unit for assistance.
For hospital maps, parking information and transportation, please click here.