Call for appointment:410-553-8240 410-553-8240
Early Diagnosis is Key
Although COPD has no cure, recognizing symptoms early and getting diagnosed will help you reduce its effects.
6 Lung Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
If you experience any of these symptoms, see your physician for screening and further treatment.
- Chronic Cough: A cough that you've had for a month or more is one of the earliest warning signs of a problem with your respiratory system.
- Chronic Mucus Production: Mucus is a defense against infections and irritants. Mucus production that lasts a month or longer may be a sign of lung disease.
- Coughing up Blood: The blood could be coming from your lungs or somewhere else in your upper respiratory tract.
- Frequent Respiratory Infections: Continual respiratory diseases, such as colds, the flu and pneumonia, may be the sign of a lung condition.
- Shortness of Breath: Difficulty breathing when doing normal activities, such as getting out of a chair or walking across the room, may be a sign of a heart or lung condition.
- Wheezing: Noisy breathing indicates something unusual is blocking your lung airways or making them too narrow.
See your physician if you experience any of these symptoms.
- Find a lung specialist in your area.