Call for appointment:410-553-8351 410-553-8351
The Aiello Breast Center at University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center provides comprehensive care to women and men who experience breast problems, breast cancer and breast disease. Our specialists are committed to providing the highest quality cancer prevention and early detection, identification of benign disease, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, and cancer therapy and support services. The Aiello Breast Center features a multi-disciplinary approach with a specific point of entry into the program and ongoing coordination through all phases of screening, diagnosis and treatment.
The team specializes in evaluating and treating all types of breast problems and concerns including:
- Benign and malignant breast tumors
- Breast pain
- Suspicious mammograms
- Patients with a previous breast cancer or positive biopsy
- Patients at high risk for breast cancer
The team of specialists includes leaders in the fields of radiology, breast surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, and plastic surgery, who work together to develop customized plans for each patient. Our patients receive treatment conveniently on-site at the Aiello Breast Center and at the Tate Cancer Center, including:
- Consultations and second opinions for newly diagnosed and recurrent cancers
- Genetic counseling, including family history review and individual assessment of breast cancer risk
- Diagnostic imaging, including mammography, ultrasonography, MRI and CT
- Minimally invasive biopsy techniques, including stereotactic and ultrasound guided core needle biopsies and fine needle aspiration
- Conservative surgical techniques, including incisional or excisional biopsies, lumpectomy, sentinel lymph node biopsy and axiliary dissection
- Reconstructive surgery
- Hormonal therapy
- External beam radiotherapy
- Individual and family psychological counseling.
The center is located at 203 Hospital Drive in the Aiello Center on UM BWMC's campus. For more information about The Aiello Breast Center, please call 410-553-8351.